Monday, March 6, 2023

Trailer 1 Outline Progress

I'm not finished with my shot list yet, but I wanted to post what I have so far to explain my process.

I have been writing down my shots while referring to two trailers that I've found to be similar to the one I want to create, for various reasons.

The Scream (2022) Trailer because the first minute is one long scene, and my trailer will also have that, and the Cocaine Bear (2023) Trailer to see how the comedy and the horror's screentime are shared in a trailer.

Additionally, I've written down numbers next to certain shots, which correspond to potential dialogue I want to include during that moment. (shown at the bottom. I've just been writing down general ideas, so once I make the full scripts the dialogue will be refined.)


---


-phone getting a notification from Brady's POV

-extreme close up of phone showing news headline

-close up of Brady's face as he sees the notification

-side profile of Brady, camera zooms out (1)

-medium shot of Mack on couch (2)

-medium close up of brady (3)

- medium close up of mack (4)

- continue audio of (4), cut to a medium shot of brady walking to a row of movies near the tv

-close up of Brady's scrolling though the movies until he sees a copy of slaughter town and pulls it out

-medium close up of Brady turning around and holding up the movie (5)

-medium close up of mack on couch (6)

-medium close up of Brad (7)

-quick close up of movie case being opened

-quick close up of movie disk being placed into blu ray player

-quick shot of slaughter town menu screen on the tv

-medium wide shot of brady landing on the couch next to Mack and clicking play

-quick shot of movie starting on the tv after pressing play

-medium close up of Brady (8)

-shot of movie playing on tv [close up of Casey screaming, close up of knife being raised up]

-screen glitches

-medium close up of Brady on couch (9)

-close up of sparks flying out of the blu ray player

-medium close up of mack (10)

-wide shot from behind of mack and brady sitting on couch looking at the TV

-bright flash + electric shock sound effect

-medium close up of killer with raised knife (hold for a second, then bright flash, and then being knocked out of the way by Mack and Brady)

-close up low to the ground, killer's body comes into frame from above and hits the ground with Mack and Brady pushing him to the ground

-POV shot starts blurry and gets clearer, looking around (11)

- medium close up showing Mack rubbing her eyes, Brady starts bumping Mack (12)

- close-ups of Mack and Brady, quickly switch between (13)

-reveal they're on the killer, pan to the side, and show Casey standing there.

-shot from above of killer on the ground with Brady and Mack on top

- close up showing both Mack and Brady

-[THIS SUMMER] *trailer music starts*

- medium shot of Jensen and Casey

---

(1) yooo they're remaking slaughter town!

(2) hopefully it's better than the first remake

(3) hey I love that movie.

(4) it totally messes up everything that's great about the original, the new ending is dumb, and the filter

(5) wanna watch it?

(6) you seriously own that?

(7) uhh yeah! I've seen it like a million times. I even got the special edition.

(8) I got it for super cheap from some guy online and besides a few glitches it works perfectly.

(9) that always happens...

(10) that doesn't look safe

(11) what happened

(12) why is everything so green/ oh my god

(13) what / we're in the movie. / huh / WERE IN THE MOVIE



No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

 Here are the links to everything! https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SKsMa-Fy9FMj7owrlTmjCE7qMXbge9PB https://twitter.com/DoubleFtrMovie