Wednesday, February 22, 2023

The Movie within a movie (and the movie within a movie within a movie)

Considering that a majority of Double Feature takes place within a movie, it's my top priority to figure out what I want that movie to be.

So here's everything I need:

1. The Title

I've finally come up with a title for the movie within a movie, and I've decided on Slaughter Town! 
As for how I'd want the title to look, I'd want to use a font similar to the ones used for these movies. The red text and sharp fonts are very distinct and were often used for titles in 80s horror movies.



2. Posters/Cover art for each movie (80s poster and 2000s poster)


For the 80s poster of Slaughter Town, I'd want it to be (or at least look like it's) illustrated. 


I especially want to do this because of how it'd contrast with the remake's posters. I'll use the posters for the actual remakes of the movies shown above to show what I mean:


As you can see, the posters for these remakes are much darker than their 80s counterparts, and they all prominently feature an image of the killer. 

Another thing I noticed is that 2 out of 3 of the taglines on the 80s posters talk about the characters in the movie, whereas all 3 taglines of the remake posters directly address the audience. That's something I also need to take into consideration when creating the posters.

With all of that being said, the posters for Slaughter Town will only be seen for a few seconds in the trailers, but I still want to create high quality posters for each movie so that I can use them for additional promotion, such as posting them on the official social media account.

3. Full opening sequence to play in the background

I’ll need to film an opening scene for Slaughter Town that our main characters will be watching (and get transported into). A lot of it will be mostly shown in the background, but I’ll still need to film it before filming the opening because I need it to be playing on the TV in the trailer's opening. What this means is that the opening to the trailer will most likely end up being the last scene I film, as our characters will enter and, exit the movie at this location.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

 Here are the links to everything! https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SKsMa-Fy9FMj7owrlTmjCE7qMXbge9PB https://twitter.com/DoubleFtrMovie