Monday, February 20, 2023

The Big Idea: In Terms of Promotion

 While in my previous blog post I showed off the story I've created for "Double Feature", in this blog I want to outline some of my plans in terms of marketing.

---

For the 2 trailers, I already have some ideas. 

For the first trailer, I want to include an extended sequence of the argument about remakes to begin the trailer, and at around the halfway point is when our characters are transported to the 2000s remake world as the opening kill is happening. From then on the trailer would include a mix of comedic interactions between our leads and the movie characters, as well as flashes of different kills and action sequences from throughout the film. After the title card is shown, that's when a quick scene would reveal the added element of our characters also being transported to the world of the original 80s movie.

In the second trailer, I would focus a lot more on the characters and story, so I'd start the trailer with a shortened version of the remake argument scene and get right into the 2000s remake world. I would showcase the supporting cast of characters from inside the movie (I'll talk about them in a separate blog post). I'd want them to be very over the top and each fit a specific role of characters who were usually in horror movies of that era. I would also want to show a better look at the killer and some kills, including showing a character death or two in the trailer, while still trying not to give too much away. Since I revealed it at the end of the previous trailer, I can also sprinkle in characters and scenes from the 80s scenes later on in the movie. 

Additionally, I would want the poster to be posted on the official social media page after the first trailer is released, so that the poster can show the 80s aspect of the film as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

 Here are the links to everything! https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SKsMa-Fy9FMj7owrlTmjCE7qMXbge9PB https://twitter.com/DoubleFtrMovie