Wednesday, February 15, 2023

The Breakdown Part 1: The Everything

So I know that I definitely want my film promotion package to be about a slasher movie, and I can already think of specific shots that I want to include in the trailers...

but now I have to think about everything else.

---------------------------------------------------------

Here's what I'm going to need for my project to work:

-a good script (slasher movies with bad writing can still be fun, but to promote the movie through trailers, the few pieces of dialogue that will be shown in the trailer have to really sell the audience on the story.)

-compelling characters (characters can make or break horror movies, but they're especially important for slashers. If every character is just fodder for the killer, the audience won't care about what's happening, even if there's blood and gore on screen. If you create great characters, it can make improve many scenes as the audience will really want someone to live (or die! Characters that are purposefully made to hateable can create drama and conflict to the story that doesn't come from the killer). In terms of creating a trailer, I'd have to show many characters (and have a few of them get killed), which means I'll need quite a few cast members.)

-the killer (For the trailers, the killer doesn't have to be seen too much, especially since I'm going to be making 2 different trailers. However, first impressions are important for the villain of a movie, especially a slasher movie. I'll go more into much more detail in an upcoming blog post.)

-----------------------------------------------------

This is all pretty general information, but I wanted to put everything I'd thought of so far into a blog post so that I wouldn't forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

 Here are the links to everything! https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SKsMa-Fy9FMj7owrlTmjCE7qMXbge9PB https://twitter.com/DoubleFtrMovie