Saturday, February 11, 2023

Portfolio Project... Again (and a look back!)

One year ago, I started to work on my AS Level Portfolio Project. For that project, I created a short opening for a horror movie. While I'm still happy with how it turned out, I'm hoping to make something even better this time around. 

I'll fully admit that in that time period of February to April of 2022, I had never actually watched a horror movie (and yet I still decide to make a horror movie opening). In fact, I watched my first horror movie a week after finishing my portfolio project.

(Side note: I use Letterboxd religiously and writing reviews for every single movie I've watched over the past 2 years has really improved my writing skills, especially in terms of describing specific elements and techniques I like or dislike in movies, which in turn helps me better use those terms in actual conversation. Not to mention that I just love having a place to look back at every movie I've seen and what I thought of them when I saw them.)


Since April 10th, I've watched almost 140 horror movies, from some of the most popular and iconic franchises to Tubi originals that only 862 people have ever watched.


(Through this journey I discovered that I really like a lot of movies that most people would consider to be very bad. Shout out to A Nightmare on Elm Street: The Dream Child and the 2006 remake of Black Christmas!)

Basically what I'm getting at is that I know a lot more about the horror genre than I did back then, and I'm very excited to get to work on my A-level portfolio project.

I've decided to do the Film Promotion Package, as I really enjoy getting to work on trailers and marketing material for movies, like how I did for the Halloween Challenge and the Film Distribution project from earlier this year. 

I'm still not sure exactly what story I want to tell, but that's where the research process comes in!

My next post will contain my week-by-week project schedule, and I hope this project turns out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

 Here are the links to everything! https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SKsMa-Fy9FMj7owrlTmjCE7qMXbge9PB https://twitter.com/DoubleFtrMovie